Thursday, September 22, 2005

Tools

Link Harvester
This badboy is my favorite back links tool. It will give you a good idea of exactly how many links you have (as indexed by Y! at least). It breaks them up into "C-block" addresses (unique ips from which sites are served), as well as populating a list of URLs where your link can be found. Also! Want to find some good sites with whom you can exchange links? Put in your competitor's URL and start linking!

Hub Finder
I'm not a big fan of this tool to be truthful, but supposedly it finds hubs. The thing is that about 90% of the time it populates with so called hubs like "livejournal.com" or "myspace.com" or "blogs.dartmouth.edu." No kidding. So, I don't give it too much stock.

Overture Keyword Tool
This is an obvious one in every SEM's repertoire. A few things you may not know. The numbers it gives you, although only representative of Overture (yahoo, msn, and a few others I believe... until msn breaks off of yahoo at least), about 40% of the market, is actually higher than the actual number of searches for that particular keyword. Go figure. The reason for the discrepency is that the tool can't adjust for searches performed automatically by bots. So the numbers are inflated, but not much as far as the entire internet is concerned. They are a great estimate. There is a pay tool, Word-Tracker, which is very accurate.

SERPs Position Tracking
This is the best tool I was able to find for SERPs position tracking. There is another one at DigitalPoint.com but you have to get a Yahoo and MSN API code to run your search for either of them, and that involves tagging apparently. This tool allows you to track all three without adding a bunch of code to your html. Now, I haven't found one of these that's 100% accurate with its results yet, but this one is very close.

AWS Stats Free Analytics Tool
This is a very unreliable tool. It is down constantly for me, but when it's up it is a good tool for seeing how much traffic you are getting, without paying the analytics companies.

Backlink Analyzer
I haven't used this tool as of yet because you have to download it, and my freakin IT guy won't give me administrator privledges. That last virus was NOT my fault! But, if it does what it says it can, this would be a very valuable tool to size up the competition as well as figure out where your own site stands. One problem that I have heard is that the tool takes a very long while comparatively speaking to do its professed job.

Keyword Density Analyzer
I don't remember exactly why this is my favorite keyword denisty analyzer, but I think it has something to do with actually giving you the percentage of the words on the page, and not just how many times each word is mentioned (which it also does). Its a great way to decide whether or not you're over optimized. Pretty much every other tool on this page is horse puckey though. That's right, I said it. Horse Puckey.

Double Trust
This is a cool tool, displaying a cross section between Google's SERPs and Yahoo's. It also tells you what the rank of each page is in the two search engines. It only goes up to about 40, but as far as cursory inspections of ranking goes, its a very good tool.

...Thats it for now. Perhaps next week I'll put up all of my favorite forums and SEM news sites.

11 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Google Page Rank 6 said...

Want more clicks to your Adsense Ads on your Blog?

Then you have to check out my blog. I have found a FREE and Legitimate way that will increase your earnings.

Come Check us out. How to Boost Your AdSense Revenue

9:56 AM  
Blogger WDM Info Services said...

Have you listed your blog in a blog directory?

"blog template" is what I used to find your blog on google

blog template

5:14 AM  
Blogger WDM Info Services said...

I like your blog, I found it looking for real estate blog. Could you add it to my favourite blog directory please. It has lots of blogs relating to real estate blog

6:03 PM  
Blogger Goodman441 said...

Does anyone here know of better ways to increase Adsense income? I have been trying to get people to my site at: www.ickaboo.com for some time. Can anyone help me out?

2:10 AM  
Blogger The Blah Brain said...

Hey nice page you've got here, I don't know if you know this but I visit frequently..I'm finally leaving you a comment! Reading your stuff basically made me want to create my own blog...so i finally did. www.theblahbrain.com

Thanks for the inspiration, I know it must feel great to know that someone IS actually reading your blog and likes what you do. :]

3:32 AM  
Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

Congradulations on a well written, interesting and superb blog! Have you heard about the shocking news?

1000's of real people are earning quiet fortunes from home using the most ingenious automated system ever invented.

Are you curious to find out what this is all about?

Why not? You have nothing to lose.

You can sign up for this system absolutely free of charge and check it all out for yourself.

To start off, we have a video presentation for you to watch. Just turn up the speakers if you can, and click on the link below.

Have fun and open your mind.

It is all right here: online money making business It successfully covers online money making business related stuff.

Come and check it out now, Scott :-)

7:35 PM  
Blogger BlogDawg1 said...

I am looking for some good keyword research tools resources for a ratings & review website and believe or not, yours popped up when I searched for keyword research tools blogs. I read some of the stuff here -- could help. You can check out my keyword research tools reviews at Keyword Research Reviews

6:05 PM  
Blogger BlogDawg1 said...

I am conducting some research on various keyword research tools sites and ran across this page. Even though it wasn't "exactly" what I was looking for, I think your readers might be interested in reading my keyword research tools reviews at Keyword Research Reviews. As you know, the more information people have before spending their hard earned money -- the better. Sorry for the self promotion, just trying to get the word out while look for sites to review. On to the next -- thanks!

8:34 PM  
Blogger BlogDawg1 said...

Hi. I am out searching for the latest info on keyword research tools and found your site. I am doing some research for a ratings & reviews site. Although this wasn't exactly what I am looking for, it caught my attention. I'm glad I checked it out anyway - good stuff. If you want, you can read my keyword research tools reviews at Keyword Research Reviews

6:44 PM  
Blogger romantic videos said...

Best SEO training in hyderabad all modules are clearly solved and practice with guide.seo training in hyderabadAnd clearly getting knowledge of seo.

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home